Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sloppy Bombay Joes

I haven't cooked with ground turkey much, and wanted to let go of my fear of healthy substitutes for historically fattening recipes. When I came across this dish on Food Network's website, I knew I had to check it out since it sounded so unusual (and I thought 658 reviewers giving a 5 star rating couldn't be wrong). I followed the recipe almost exactly, subbing a jalapeno for the serrano and using craisins instead of raisins. I honestly was a bit freaked out by the idea of having nuts and berries in a sloppy joe, but I'm glad I just went with it. These sammies are multidimensional in flavor,  the texture is delicious, and the leftovers were still great a few days later. I bet this would be tasty over some rice or in a wrap, too.
Sloppy Bombay Joes



No comments:

Post a Comment