Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blackened Catfish

I've never really cooked with catfish before, but I've been experimenting with more and more types of fish lately. My favorite thing about this recipe is that you don't even really need a recipe, just slap a ton of seasoning on the catfish, and it will taste fantastic.
Blackened Catfish
Catfish fillets
Olive oil
Whatever seasoning you want; I used:
Cajun seasoning
Jerk seasoning
Cayenne pepper
Paprika
Chile powder
Cumin
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat.
2. Generously (really generously) cover each side of the fish with seasoning.
3. When the pan is really hot, add the catfish fillets and cook 2-3 minutes per side.
While the catfish is cooking, heat up a can of black beans. I also served the fish with an avocado salad (diced avocado, tomato, garlic and onion with a dash of lime juice, salt and pepper and chopped cilantro).

No comments:

Post a Comment