Monday, September 2, 2013

Herb Vinaigrette

Basil time is here! I get so excited when I find a bouquet of basil in my weekly box of veggies from the farm. I had such a surplus that I decided to blend some up into a delicious salad dressing.
Basil Vinaigrette
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 c roughly chopped basil leaves
1/4 c champagne or white wine vinegar
3/4 c olive oil

1. In food processor, blend all ingredients except the olive oil and vinegar.
2. Add the vinegar and pulse to combine.
3. While the food processor is running, slowly pour in the oil.
4. When the oil is incorporated, puree 1-2 min.
Makes 1 cup; store in the fridge for up to 1 week.

Variations
Add 1 tsp of lemon zest and some red pepper flakes.















Use cilantro instead of basil for a slightly tangy variation.



No comments:

Post a Comment