Saturday, March 1, 2014

Asian Sloppy Joes and Green Bean Fries

Sometimes, my meal plan starts with just one ingredient, usually some sort of protein in my freezer. This week, I typed ground pork into my personal recipe database, which I've been adding recipes to for the past two years, and this recipe for Asian Sloppy Joe Sliders popped up, and I decided to turn it into a meal. I halved all ingredients in the recipe, omitted the ground chicken, and used a pound of ground pork on its own. While these yummy sandwiches would make a great appetizer, they resulted in a delicious main course, and the leftovers were quite good too! I'll admit, the Green Bean Fries recipe made me pretty skeptical, and even though they probably lost a good portion of their nutritional value in the process, they were a fun alternative to potatoes. I skipped the dip portion of the recipe. These fries were yummy all on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment