Saturday, March 1, 2014

Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Two Ways

Sauteeing the kale and onions

Kale and I have an interesting relationship. No matter how many ways I try to cook it, it still tastes like...kale. Hiding it in a pot pie is a brilliant solution. On Wednesday, I made this recipe, following it exactly. It was delicious! Only problem was I didn't thaw the puff pastry correctly, so the looked a bit funky and bumpy instead of smooth. Definitely not worthy of the front cover of Bon Appetit, but yummy nonetheless.
The broth comes very close the edge, of the pan so be careful!
Finished product with an "artsy" crust
Since the recipe only calls for half a rotisserie chicken and one puff pastry crust, I decided to make a second pot pie on Thursday, using slightly different ingredients. Following the same recipe as before, I used spinach instead of Kale, a smaller amount of pearl onions, and an entire bag of mixed frozen vegetables. I can't decide which one was better - the first one or the second variation.



No comments:

Post a Comment